In the United States, 51 years old is the average age for women to undergo menopause, however this does not mean that most women have to reach that particular age to experience the symptoms related to the imbalance of hormones. In fact, some experience them as early as 35 years old. The symptoms of menopause might cause difficulties and can sometimes be disruptive. Fortunately, estrogen hormone replacement therapy is accessible in Florida, California, and other states in the US.
This therapy can help ease the symptoms of menopause, balance female hormones, as well as prevent chronic ailments such as a heart disease.
What is Estrogen?
Estrogen is a hormone that is produced by ovaries, fat tissue, breast, adrenal glands, and liver. It is present in both men and women.
Estrogen is important to both genders, but more especially to women because of its two main features:
- Primary female sex hormone – these natural hormones promote the development of secondary sexual features in women, like the formation of breasts.
- Reproductive – estrogen is a key factor in regulating the menstrual cycle of a woman. It thickens the uterine lining, which is also known as the endometrium, throughout the first half of the cycle.
What Causes Female Hormone Imbalance?
There are several factors – including lifestyle and environmental – that can speed the decline of female hormone levels and they include:
- Physical inactivity and consuming unhealthy nutrients – these practices can both affect the hormone levels significantly. In fact, the obesity epidemic has been closely associated with early perimenopause.
- Chronic stress – adrenal fatigue as well as cortisol imbalance can be a result of prolonged episodes of stress among many women. This will then cause a decrease in the levels of progesterone, as well as the efficiency of the thyroid hormone.
- Exposure to xenohormones – xenohormones or artificial hormones can be found in and around the environment. You can find them in plastics and pesticides from produce like vegetables.
What is Menopause?
Menopause is the permanent end of a woman’s menstrual cycle. This is declared 12 months after a female’s last menstruation. Although, this phenomenon completely ceases fertility, women can still stay sexual, healthy, and vital after menopause.
People who are undergoing menopause experience a sudden hike, as well as decline, in their estrogen levels which may result to hormone imbalance. This is accompanied by numerous unpleasant symptoms and health risks:
- Low Estrogen Level Symptoms
- Decrease in brain function
- Mood changes
- Changes in body composition
- Decrease in sexual function
- Fatigue or energy level decrease
- Wrinkled and dry skin
- Vaginal atrophy and pain with intercourse
- Hot flashes
- Night sweats
- Low Estrogen Level Health Risks
- Increase in blood pressure
- A worse cholesterol level
- Heart disease
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Macular degeneration
- Colon cancer
- High Estrogen Level Symptoms
- Weight gain
- Water retention
- Mood swings
- Heavy periods
- Swollen breast
- High Estrogen Level Health Risks
- Breast cancer
- Autoimmune disease
- Uterine fibroids
- Uterine cancer
- Cervical dysplasia
In addition, the imbalance of estrogen levels can negatively affect the role of other female hormones like testosterone, DHEA, cortisol, thyroid, and progesterone.
What is Natural Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy?
Estrogen hormone replacement therapy or natural bioidentical hormone replacement therapy is administered to help women who are suffering from the symptoms of menopause by reinstating the balance of female hormone levels in their bodies. This treatment is available in various forms, including vaginal rings, patches, creams, gels, and pills.
Below are some of the benefits of bioidentical hormone replacement therapy:
- Reversal of vaginal atrophy, as well as pain with intercourse
- Wrinkle reduction which results to a younger and tighter skin
- Decreases overall body fat and urinary tract infections
- Prevents chronic illnesses and diseases
- Increase in strength and muscle mass
- A surge in energy levels
- Improves sleep, sex drive, muscle tone, and cholesterol profile
- Enhances mood, memory, concentration, and exercise performance
- Enriches bone strength and density
- Eliminates night sweats and hot flashes
- Reduces risk of heart attack
One of the leading centers for natural bioidentical hormone replacement in the United States is Genemedics Health Institute. Our team are composed of experienced physicians that are highly qualified and have worked with a large number of patients to treat various symptoms of hormone imbalance. Our programs do not only focus on bringing your hormone levels to a normal state, but they are also devised to help you achieve prime health while averting other diseases as well.
You can contact Genemedics Health Institute to learn more about natural bioidentical hormone replacement therapy and schedule a consultation with one of our doctors.