This readily available and natural substance can also aid in weight loss. Studies show that caffeine has fat-burning properties:
1. In lean and postobese volunteers, a single-dose oral administration of 100 mg caffeine increased resting metabolic rate of by 3-4%. [123 ]Resting metabolic rate is the rate at which your body burns energy at rest.
2. A study found that caffeine improved weight maintenance through thermogenesis, fat oxidation, and balancing energy intake. 
3. An analysis of multiple studies found that caffeine consumption was associated with reduction in weight, body mass index (BMI), and body fat. 
4. In weight loss maintainers and individuals from the general population, caffeine supplementation was associated with consistent weight loss maintenance. 
5. In moderately obese subjects, high caffeine intake was associated with weight loss through thermogenesis, fat oxidation, and suppression of leptin (obesity hormone or fat hormone). 
6. In men and women with no chronic diseases, increased caffeine consumption was associated with long-term weight reduction. 
7. In overweight and obese women, supplementation of green coffee bean extract for 8 weeks was associated with body fat reduction. 
8. In rats, caffeine ingestion prior to training sessions increased fat loss. 
Call 800-277-4041 for a Free Consultation
Genemedics® Health Institute is a global premier institute dedicated to revolutionizing health and medicine through healthy lifestyle education, guidance and accountability in harmony with functional medicine. Our physician-supervised health programs are personally customized to help you reach your health and fitness goals while looking and feeling better than ever.