There’s also a good deal of evidence supporting the mood-boosting properties of this FDA-approved weight loss drug:
1. An analysis of several studies found that there is a strong correlation between obesity and depression, suggesting that weight loss treatment with contrave can have positive effects on mood. [20-28]
2. In overweight/obese women with major depressive disorder, contrave therapy for 24 weeks was associated with improvement in depressive symptoms. 
3. A large pooled analysis of 5 clinical trials found that contrave was associated with lesser depressive symptoms and psychiatric adverse events compared to placebo. [30-31]
4. In patients with major depression, treatment with contrave reduced binge eating, a common symptom of depression. 
5. Administration of low-dose naltrexone in combination with bupropion in patients with major depressive disorder significantly reduced the incidence of relapse and recurrence. 
Call 800-277-4041 for a Free Consultation
Genemedics® Health Institute is a global premier institute dedicated to revolutionizing health and medicine through healthy lifestyle education, guidance and accountability in harmony with functional medicine. Our physician-supervised health programs are personally customized to help you reach your health and fitness goals while looking and feeling better than ever.