DHEA appears to play a major role in cardiovascular function and deficiency in this vital hormone may compromise heart health. In fact several high quality studies found a strong link between DHEA deficiency and higher incidence of heart diseases in both men and women. [193-207] This suggests that replacing DHEA to youthful levels can help boost heart health and prevent various fatal heart diseases. A number of clinical trials support the beneficial effects of DHEA replacement therapy on the cardiovascular system:
1. In patients with coronary heart disease, DHEA inhibits human platelet aggregation and dissolves blood clots. 
2. In patients with cardiovascular disease, DHEA relaxes the blood vessels of the heart, thereby improving blood flow and function. 
3. In patients with coronary heart disease, DHEA replacement therapy significantly decreases the levels of fibrinogen, a protein associated with blood clotting. 
4. In patients with cardiovascular disease, higher DHEA levels are associated with better prognosis. 
5. In postmenopausal women, long-term treatment with DHEA lowers cardiovascular risk by improving insulin sensitivity and cholesterol levels. [212-213]
Call 800-277-4041 for a Free Consultation
Genemedics® Health Institute is a global premier institute dedicated to revolutionizing health and medicine through healthy lifestyle education, guidance and accountability in harmony with functional medicine. Our physician-supervised health programs are personally customized to help you reach your health and fitness goals while looking and feeling better than ever.