Because KPV and α-MSH share similar properties, they may exert the same beneficial effects. There’s increasing evidence that supports that these peptides may be a therapeutic option in stroke:
1. α-MSH (1 mg/kg) was shown to improve the recovery of animals with stroke especially when given before and during the 20-minute ischemia (reduced blood flow to the brain). 
2. When given before the start of the ischemia and again 1 hour after reperfusion (restoration of blood flow), α-MSH prevents further occlusion and inflammation of the artery. 
3. Several studies suggest that α-MSH exerts its protective mechanism against ischemic brain damage by reducing the brain levels of pro-inflammatory cytokines. [84-88]
4. A 2003 study published in the European Journal of Pharmacology reported that subcutaneous injection of α-MSH appears to significantly reduce the size of infarct (dead tissue caused by reduced blood flow). 
5. Several studies also found that α-MSH protects against heart and kidney problems associated with stroke. [90-97]
Call 800-277-4041 for a Free Consultation
Genemedics® Health Institute is a global premier institute dedicated to revolutionizing health and medicine through healthy lifestyle education, guidance and accountability in harmony with functional medicine. Our physician-supervised health programs are personally customized to help you reach your health and fitness goals while looking and feeling better than ever.