Selank also exerts its immune-boosting properties by affecting the production of certain cells and substances in the body:
1. In patients suffering from depression, administration of Selank resulted in an increase in IL-6, an inflammatory protein that destroys infection-causing microorganisms. [22-23]
2. A cell-based study found that Selank has the ability to stimulate the release of the anti-viral molecules known as interferons. 
3. In another cell-based study, Selank completely suppressed the reproduction of the influenza virus. 
4. Selank also has the ability to boost the production of T helper type 1 (Th1) cells, which help fight against viral and bacterial pathogens. 
5. In mice, Selank altered the genes involved in the process of inflammation (chemokines, cytokines, and its receptors). 
Call 800-277-4041 for a Free Consultation
Genemedics® Health Institute is a global premier institute dedicated to revolutionizing health and medicine through healthy lifestyle education, guidance and accountability in harmony with functional medicine. Our physician-supervised health programs are personally customized to help you reach your health and fitness goals while looking and feeling better than ever.