Because of its potent regenerative properties, thymosin beta 4 has also been studied for its therapeutic effect on various liver disorders. Studies show that thymosin beta 4 exerts this effect through the following mechanisms:
1. Thymosin beta 4 suppresses the activation of hepatic stellate cells (HSCs), which are the main matrix-producing cells in the process of liver fibrosis (scarring). 
2. Thymosin beta 4 has anti-inflammatory and anti-scarring properties which help prevent liver scarring and damage. [20-21]
3. Thymosin beta 4 stimulates liver regeneration through promotion of liver cell migration, blood vessel formation, cell survival, and stem cell maturation. 
4. In patients with chronic hepatitis B combined with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD), thymosin beta 4 inhibits oxidative stress and proinflammatory factors. 
5. Thymosin beta 4 inhibits the production of substances that cause liver scarring. 
Call 800-277-4041 for a Free Consultation
Genemedics® Health Institute is a global premier institute dedicated to revolutionizing health and medicine through healthy lifestyle education, guidance and accountability in harmony with functional medicine. Our physician-supervised health programs are personally customized to help you reach your health and fitness goals while looking and feeling better than ever.