Valproic acid is not just indicated for seizure disorders. Evidence suggests that it can help stimulate hair regeneration and treat the root cause of hair loss:
1. In male patients with androgenetic alopecia, a type of hair loss common in both genders, valproic acid spray treatment for 24 weeks significantly increased total hair count compared to placebo spray.
2. In participants with hair baldness, treatment with 7.2% of valproic acid spray on scalp twice a day (morning and evening) for 24 weeks increased linear hair growth rate and final hair density.
3. In patients with alopecia, administration of valproic acid induced hair growth on bald areas.
4. A study found that implantation of valproic acid-encapsulated dissolving microneedles stimulated hair follicle regrowth.
5. A cell study also found that valproic acid has the ability to inhibit glycogen synthase kinase 3ß and activation of Wnt/βcatenin pathway, which in turn induce hair regeneration and hair growth phase (anagen).
6. In male patients with moderate androgenic alopecia, valproic acid spray treatment for 24 weeks significantly increased total hair count without any adverse side effects.
7. Treatment of human dermal papilla cells (hair follicles) with valproic acid induced hair regeneration.
8. Administration of valproic acid in patients with alopecia increased hair count by boosting the production of biotin, a protein that promotes hair growth.
Call 800-277-4041 for a Free Consultation
Genemedics® Health Institute is a global premier institute dedicated to revolutionizing health and medicine through healthy lifestyle education, guidance and accountability in harmony with functional medicine. Our physician-supervised health programs are personally customized to help you reach your health and fitness goals while looking and feeling better than ever.