About Hormone Imbalance in Men
Male hormone imbalance is a natural process of aging and eventually occurs in most men. It occurs when there is an overproduction or an underproduction of one or more hormones. Hormone imbalance in men causes many unpleasant symptoms and increases the risk of health problems such as heart disease, diabetes, obesity, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and osteoporosis.
As men age, testosterone levels decline 10-20% every 10 years after the age of 30, and human growth hormone levels decline 14% every 10 years after the age of 20. Over time, this gradual decline of hormone levels often results in hormone deficiencies that cause hormone imbalance in men.
Types of Hormone Imbalance in Men
- Andropause—Low testosterone levels in men caused by a decline in testosterone production as men age.
- DHEA—Low DHEA levels occur in most aging men as a part of andropause.
- Adrenal fatigue—Chronic stress causes low cortisol levels in men due to the inability of the adrenal gland to keep up with the body’s high demand of cortisol production over long periods of time.
- Hypothyroidism—Low thyroid hormone due to an underactive thyroid.
- Hyperthyroidism—High thyroid hormone due to an overactive thyroid.
- Human Growth Hormone—Low human growth hormone levels occur with aging and may be due to medical conditions.
Symptoms of Hormone Imbalance in Men
Your Solution: Natural Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
Age-related hormone decline and hormone imbalance is a natural process that will eventually affect most men. Along with living a healthy lifestyle, bioidentical hormone replacement therapy is a safe and effective treatment. Hormone balancing with bioidentical hormones eliminates male hormone imbalance symptoms and their associated health risks. At Genemedics Health Institute, we will carefully design a custom, comprehensive program based on a personalized nutrition and exercise plan, supplementation with essential nutrients, and bioidentical hormone replacement therapy to correct deficiencies and help you regain your youthful vigor and health.
Today’s Health News and Features
Testosterone Therapy: Risks & Benefits for Older Men
As part of the natural aging process in men, they undergo male hormone imbalance where the number of their vital hormones drop and increase their risk for different health problems. There are different types of hormone imbalance in men.
Testosterone: Can It Prevent Alzheimer’s?
Testosterone is a steroid hormone well-known as the principal male sex hormone and as an anabolic steroid. It’s well-known for enhancing libido, sex life, and muscle mass. However, a growing body of evidence and study affirms that testosterone is way, way more than just that.
What Makes A Man “A Man”?: Learn what testosterone does for you
What does it take to be man enough? What makes a man “a man”?
The testosterone plays a vital role in making men “men” in developing and maintaining their physical and psychological masculine characteristics and optimum overall health and vitality…..