Hormonal Imbalance in Women
Hormones play a vital role in every woman’s health and well-being. Hormones work together like the instruments in a symphony: every hormone affecting every other hormone, and an imbalance of one hormone leads to imbalances of other hormones
Hormone imbalance in women causes many unpleasant symptoms and increases the risk of health problems such as osteoporosis and heart disease. Female hormone levels are influenced by nutrition, exercise, environmental toxins and stress. Although a healthy lifestyle can slow the age-related decline of hormone levels, hormone decline is a natural process of aging that will eventually cause hormone imbalance in all women
Hormone Imbalance in Women
- Hormonal imbalance in women is the result of an overproduction or an underproduction of one or more hormones, resulting in unpleasant symptoms and increased risk of health problems.
- Hormone imbalance affects over 50 million women in the United States
- Conditions that may cause female hormone imbalance are:
- Perimenopause is the period when menstrual cycles become irregular and levels of the pituitary hormone FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) increase
- Symptoms of perimenopause, such as weight gain, hot flashes, night
- Sweats, and difficulty sleeping (insomnia), often begin before menstrual cycles become irregular.
- Hormone levels often decline beginning at age 25-30 and women often have low progesterone levels by the age of 35.
- Natural menopause usually begins around age 51.
- Early menopause occurs in some women.
- Surgical menopause (i.e., hysterectomy)
- Low testosterone or testosterone imbalance
- Hypothyroidism or thyroid imbalance
- Adrenal fatigue or cortisol imbalance
- DHEA deficiency
- Human Growth Hormone (HGH) imbalance
- Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
- Pregnenolone deficiency
- Vitamin D deficiency
Symptoms of Hormone Imbalance in Women
Your Solution: Treatment of Hormone Imbalance in Women with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy for Women
Age-related hormone decline and hormone imbalance naturally occur in all women. Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) for women is a safe and effective treatment for female hormone imbalance. BHRT will alleviate all your symptoms associated with age-related hormone decline and prevent many age-related diseases
Your Genemedics BHRT program will be customized for you. We base our prescriptions on your unique lab results, clinical symptoms and physical exam, and we provide monitoring of your program to ensure your symptoms are eliminated. Your doctor will also customize a nutrition plan, supplement regimen and exercise program so you can achieve optimal health and wellness while looking and feeling like you did in your 20s and 30s.