As we grow older, our bodies face a lot of changes. One of these changes is hormonal imbalance. As our bodies mature, the capacity to produce hormones lessens. This imbalance may incur effects such as difficulty in sleeping and moodiness. There are ways to cope with this, some of which are hormone replacement therapy in Florida and relaxing exercises like Yoga.
Yoga is a system of exercises that helps us attain bodily or mental control and well-being. Aside from helping us cope with hormonal imbalance, it also has several benefits such as:
- Muscle Strength and Flexibility – It is important to have strong muscles because it can protect us from acquiring arthritis or back pains, while inflexibility limits your range of movement. Yoga may be low-impact, but over time it helps improve the strength and flexibility of our muscles – without the fatigue!
- Good Posture – Some people don’t pay attention about their postures, but they should as bad posture can cause muscle and joint complications like degenerative arthritis of the spine! Yoga pays special attention to proper posture and making you more aware of your body movements.
- Improves Bone Health – Weight-bearing exercise is the kind of exercise that forces you to work against gravity. This helps strengthen your bones and fend off diseases such as osteoporosis. Yoga includes a lot of postures that will require you to lift your own body weight. It can also help lower the stress hormone levels that will help keep calcium in your bones.
- Increases Blood Flow – The relaxation exercises that you learn through Yoga helps with circulation. Aside from that it helps boost the levels of hemoglobin and red blood cells, which carry oxygen to your tissues. Heart attacks and strokes are often caused by blood clotting. Doing yoga can help decrease the risks of these diseases since it cuts the level of clot-promoting proteins in your blood.
- Lowers Cortisol Levels – When in a crisis, our bodies respond by secreting the stress hormone called cortisol. However, an excess in cortisol can lead to a lot of health problems like osteoporosis, high blood pressure, insulin resistance, and depression. Yoga helps lower the level of cortisol in your body.
- Better Blood Sugar Level – Yoga is also good for people with diabetes because it lowers blood sugar levels. Doing yoga encourages weight lossand improves your body’s sensitivity to insulin. With your blood sugar level down, your risk of acquiring diabetic complications such as kidney failure and blindness is also decreased.
- Helps You Focus – Yoga can also be helpful for students! Practicing it regularly can help improve your timing, coordination, reaction time, and IQ. It can also help you acquire, retain, and recall information better since it helps with your concentration.
- Wards Off Digestive Problems – Stress can make digestive problems such as irritable bowel syndrome, ulcers, and constipation worse. By lowering the cortisol level in the body, yoga is also helping ease or prevent exacerbating these problems.
Anyone can benefit from practicing yoga. Not only does it help with hormonal imbalance, it also helps with blood flow, bone health, and stress. Taking medication to improve one’s health is good. However, we should not forget that regular exercise also has a positive effect in our health.