IV therapy refers to getting nutrition into the body by directly injecting fluids into the patient’s veins. It was developed in the 1960s and was initially used to treat beagle puppies. Today, this therapy helps treat all sorts of illnesses and diseases, such as Crohn’s disease, short bowel syndrome, and gastroschisis.
In addition to providing relief for these conditions, IV nutrition is used to improve the patient’s overall health and quality of life. Cocktails — the solutions used in IV therapy — are now designed to target specific mental, physical, and emotional issues like depression, migraine, and a decrease in energy levels. Out of all the types of cocktails available today, Myers’ Cocktail is the oldest and most widely used.
Myers’ Cocktail was invented by Dr. John Myers in 1971. The cocktail bearing his name includes a combination of the following:
- Magnesium chloride – a pharmaceutical preparation used to treat magnesium deficiency
- Calcium gluconate – a mineral supplement used to treat and prevent calcium deficiency
- Thiamine – improves the body’s cardiovascular function and keeps the nervous system healthy\
- Vitamin B6 – helps the body metabolize fats and proteins
- Vitamin B12 – keeps your nerves and red blood cells healthy
- Calcium pantothenate – plays an important role in synthesizing and metabolizing proteins, carbohydrates, and fats
- Vitamin B complex – refers to the 8 B vitamins
- Vitamin C – relieves stress and protects against immune system deficiencies
- Dilute hydrochloric acid – helps break down food for assimilation
The original use of this cocktail was to fight the symptoms of lethargy and fatigue. However, there have been cases where Myers’ Cocktail provided relief to patients suffering from the following conditions:
- Cardiovascular disease
- Upper respiratory tract infections
- Narcotic withdrawal
- Chronic urticaria
- Seasonal allergic rhinitis
IV Nutrition in Genemedics
Genemedics Health Institute offers different types of nutritional cocktails for IV therapy. If you want to get treated with Myers’ Cocktail, contact us today. If you are worried about getting IV nutrition for the first time, don’t be. The physicians in our clinics are qualified professionals, and they will supervise the whole process. Each treatment will only take 30-45 minutes of your time, and it will be delivered in a calming, clinical atmosphere. Our clinics are located in the surrounding areas of Beverly Hills, California.